Play Rugby USA is hiring a part-time Program Manager for the recently merged Oakland Warthogs Rugby Program, Empowered by Play Rugby USA. The candidate will work approximately 20 hours per week throughout the year, to:
- Develop players to maximize their potential on and off the rugby field;
- Establish pathways for players to play through to college and beyond;
- Manage all aspects of the club from schedule, to fields, to facilities;
- Coach the players, while building and supporting a coaching team;
- Promote the club to various stakeholders, with a view to building support and sustaining the program.
● Driven – Switched On: Commitment to, and passion for, the mission, vision, values and purpose of Play Rugby USA.
● Adaptable – Play What You See: Easily adapts to evolving stakeholder needs, organizational needs, organizational and stakeholder contexts and work priorities. Strives for and creates transparency and predictability, while maintaining a capacity to adjust as needed.
● Persistent – Go Forward: Is not easily deterred by or because of obstacles or challenges. See challenges as opportunities. Quickly recovers and remains strong and unaffected after something challenging occurs.
● Collaborative – Try-Makers: Interacts and engages effectively with colleagues within and across departments. Engages with stakeholders proactively, with tact, support, perspective taking and empathy.
● Ambitious – Get There: Self-directed person who takes appropriate action to influence outcomes and / or drive progress and positive change. Displays energy and enthusiasm in approaching their job. Follows structures to hold themselves and others accountable
● Planning – Game Plan: Sets key personal, professional benchmarks and objectives to strive for and to serve as a road map.
● Reflective – Review your Film: Reflective of actions within the context of their roles operational objectives and professional role development and personal development to ensure alignment toward their personal vision and PRUSA’s vision.
● A passion to assist underserved youth to facilitate positive change in their life.
● Proven experience in a management role, in charge of numerous people and activities.
● Positive attitude, ability to work well with others, can problem solve, be creative and think on your feet.
● Experience working with high school aged students.
● Self-starter, Can-do attitude, proactive manager.
● Proficient communication skills both spoken and written.
● Basic knowledge of Microsoft office as well as basic social media knowledge.