Play Rugby USA seeks a dedicated Communications Manager to join our team, starting January 1st, 2017. The Communications Manager will design and implement initiatives to build awareness and support of Play Rugby USA’s programs, achievements and events.
Job Title: Communications and Program Enrichment Manager
Job Location: New York – Office
Reports to: Events Director
Primary Organization Scope: Administration, Enrichment
The statements below reflect the general responsibilities and requirements of the identified position but may not describe all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
I. Job Summary and Details:
The Communications Manager designs and implements initiatives to build awareness and support of Play Rugby USA’s programs, achievements and events. This is achieved through the development of a cohesive communications strategy, aligning both the East and West Coast programs, and the effective implementation of promotional and fundraising materials and campaigns.
Work Breadth and distinct areas of responsibilities:
• Ensure outward facing content aligns with organizational voice, mission and vision.
• Develop and enforce communications standards and guidelines for content, based on organizational goals and input from Directors.
• Collaborate with Director of Events to create and manage master editorial calendar and timeline for all communications and campaign marketing materials
• Produce and manage content for newsletters, email blasts, and select campaign messages
• Assist in maintaining website with regularly updated content
Media and Public Relations
• Develop a marketing, media and public relations strategy to increase awareness and support of our programs.
• Maintain an actively engaged social media presence that is aligned with the broader editorial calendar, and use analytics reports to inform content creation, grow audience and increase engagement.
• Build, manage and report on a robust base of actively engaged supports, champions and ambassadors.
• In coordination with program managers, cultivate partnerships with program partners and corporations for tournament and enrichment space and volunteers.
• Support in the coordination of tracking the application and selection process for camps and events.
• Identify, refine, and develop PRUSA programmatic assets into proposals and packages appealing to private foundations, corporations and various institutional funders and donors. Support Play Rugby USA projects that need guidance
• Explore and research opportunities with corporations, private foundations, public awareness campaigns, local, regional, and national policy initiatives to build awareness and capacity to align for funding prospects.
II. Education/Qualifications & Work Experience:
● GED Completion or HS Completion
● BA/BS and/or
● Minimum 3 years of equivalent work experience and/or
● Minimum 1 years of managerial experience and/or
● Knowledge of digital communications and rugby
Role-Specific Competencies – These competencies are considered necessary for this role.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, highly organized with strong attention to detail
• Ability to effectively manage time and meet deadlines is essential
• Collaborative personality with ability to facilitate cross function communication and content creation.
• Experience with Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop, InDesign, etc.
• Donor Management Database experience a plus.
• Web development experience a plus.
To apply for this position please send a resume and cover letter outlining the unique assets you would bring to the role to the Events Director, Mallory Woods : Mallory.Woods@playrugbyusa.com
Position will remain open until filled.